Photo credit: Flickr user Jordan Sangerman.
This month Knight Foundation will partner with The Atlantic for the second annual Startup City Miami event being held at the New World Center on March 31.
The daylong event explores South Florida’s growing innovation ecosystem, gathering leading entrepreneurs, government officials and tech experts for panels, interviews and case studies on the integral components of Miami’s startup scene. Register here and use code Knight49 for discount tickets ($49).
It’s just one of several Knight-supported events happening in Miami over the next few weeks. Here’s a look at what’s ahead:
· Through March 16: Miami International Film Festival brings the best of world cinema to South Florida.
· March 15: MIAMade presents a workshop on 3-D printing technologies, part of a yearlong series of workshops led by local makers and educators. The event is free.
· March 15-29: Refresh Miami, a networking group for entrepreneurs and techies, holds several events throughout the month.
· March 20-23: The “Power of Design: Complaints Festival” is a four-day event that uses art and design to highlight community challenges and spark collaborative problem-solving. And nonprofits can enter the Solve This Miami! $25,000 grant competition, a part of the festival.
· March 21: Creative Mornings, a monthly breakfast talk series that brings Miami’s creative community together; this month’s theme is “Hidden,” with many interpretations of how things that are hidden manifest themselves in our lives.
· March 21: Leave a Legacy Miami hosts Philanthropy Miami to explore trends impacting the philanthropic sector.
· March 22-23: MIA Music Summit Hackday is open to technologists, engineers and programmers looking to share their digital music innovations.
· March 24: MIA Music Summit is a full-day event that will bring together musicians, techies and entrepreneurs to share and build new ideas in the digital music space.
· April 3: Tech Cocktail, a media company and networking group for startups, entrepreneurs, and technology enthusiasts hosts its Miami sessions.