KnightBlog

The blog of the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation

Jul 14, 2009

Federal Stimulus Grants Announced

Posted by Valerie Nahmad

Recognizing the importance of non-profit arts to the community, The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act provides $50 million to the National Endowment for the Arts to fund arts projects and activities that preserve nonprofit jobs threatened by the economy. 40% of funds are distributed to state arts agencies and regional arts organization while the remaining 60% is awarded to nonprofits. The winners were recently announced, click here for a full list or read below for South Florida representation.

State & Regional Grants

  • Florida Dept of State/Division of Cultural Affairs: $393,700
Direct Grants
  • Art South (Homestead): $50,000
  • Broward County Board of County Commissioners (Fort Lauderdale): $250,000
  • Florida Grand Opera (Miami): $50,000
  • Miami City Ballet (Miami Beach): $50,000
  • Miami Dade College (Miami): $50,000
  • Miami Dade County Cultural Affairs Council (Miami): $250,000
  • Vizcaya Museum & Gardens (Miami): $50,000

Back to top

Comments