This month we’re gearing up for eMerge Americas from May 1-6 at the Miami Beach Convention Center. The event will bring together global industry leaders, investors and Latin America’s top business executives, technologists and entrepreneurs.
Visit the Knight Foundation booth during the eMerge Americas Techweek expo from May 5-6 for demos from rising startups and insights from established local entrepreneurs. Register here.
However, there’s also a lot happening in April. Here’s a look at some Knight-supported Miami events happening this month:
• April 15-May 1: The O, Miami 2014 poetry festival continues with films, music, readings and more. Visit www.omiami.org for a full list of events.
• April 15: Brainfood at The LAB presents Albert Santolo, as part of its entrepreneur speaker series.
• April 17: The Florida Institute for the Commercialization of Public Research will hold its first “Doing Well by Doing Good” event, inviting participants to attend angel investor learning seminars. For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (space is limited).
• April 17-20: Chicas Poderosas Miami, an immersive hands-on digital storytelling workshop, takes place at Univision and the University of Miami School of Communication. The event is organized by the International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) with the support of Knight Foundation. ICFJ Knight International Journalism Fellow Mariana Santos created Chicas Poderosas during her fellowship year.
• April 21: Don Shoup, a professor of urban planning at UCLA, will speak on “The High Cost of Free Parking” at a Townhouse Center event.
• April 22: Join me at a Meet KF Miami Breakfast to discuss Knight’s work in the community. The event is free.
• April 24-25: Smart City Startups will bring together startups, investors, foundations and civic leaders to explore how we can help startups solve urban challenges.