Note: To apply for the News Challenge, and read our FAQ, visit NewsChallenge.org.
On Monday, we will open the Knight News Challenge on networks. Just as we have revamped the contest, we have come up with a more streamlined application form.
As John explained in our first post and in this video, the challenge is evolving to be offered three times this year, an attempt to be more nimble and move at the pace of technology development.
Along with this new focus, we have simplified the application form. Based on conversations with previous News Challenge applicants and outside reviewers, we devised the following seven questions.
- What do you propose to do? [20 words]
- Is anyone doing something like this now and how is your project different? [30 words]
- Describe the network with which you intend to build or work. [50 words]
- Why will it work? [100 words]
- Who is working on it? [100 words]
- What part of the project have you already built? [100 words]
- How would you sustain the project after the funding expires? [50 words]