Credit: Public Domain Productions.
The Knight Arts Challenge St. Paul is now closed. Thank you for all your ideas. Finalists will be announced in the fall.
It’s your turn to inspire St. Paul's arts scene.You’re here because, like us, you believe the arts are the highest form of human expression. They describe beauty, speak to our soul, engage and enrage. They celebrate our community’s diversity and etch our shared experience. The arts inspire.
The Knight Arts Challenge draws the best and most innovative ideas out of local organizations and individuals seeking to transform the community through the arts. If you have a great idea in the arts, let us know.
There are three simple rules:
- The idea is about arts.
- The project takes place in or benefits St. Paul.
- You find other funding to match the Knight Foundation grant.
Read the FAQ to learn more. In addition, here's a list of the 2016 winners and a catalog of all past challenge winners in four cities.
Finally, here are some insights from past winners:
- How they did it: Reaching new audiences with art by Ira Brooker, 4/6/2016
- How Knight Arts Challenge winners have raised funds to meet their match, by Neil de la Flor, 4/26/15
- Going from an arts startup to a leading organization by Anne Tschida, 4/11/16
- 4 tips for artists on working with local governments by J.C. Perez-Duthie, 4/18/16
- Bringing art to nontraditional spaces by Ira Brooker, 4/20/16
We accept ideas submitted in Spanish.
¿Preguntas? Lea: knightfoundation.org/knight-arts-challenge/stpaul/espanol
We accept ideas submitted in Hmong.
tau txais cov lus nug? nyem qhov no: knightfoundation.org/knight-arts-challenge/stpaul/hmong