Digital journalists covering local communities find digital skills extremely useful, but understanding how to run a business, including budgeting, revenue generation, social networking and marketing is equally important.
The Knight Digital Media Center designed an intense one-week boot camp where bloggers, journalists and citizens interested in launching a local news and information site can acquire all these skills. The all-expenses-paid program starts by covering the following topics:
- Developing a sustainable business plan.
- Marketing and audience development.
- Content production and management models.
- Legal and tax issues.
- Identifying capitalization sources.
- Developing and implementing